1 20oz Grass-Fed Sirloin Steak, cut 1 ½ inches thick
3 Tbls Chopped Herbs (thyme, rosemary or oregano)
1 ½ tsp Coarse Salt
1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbls Olive Oil
1. Mix together the herbs, salt and pepper.
2. Rub the herb mixture all over the steak.
3. Let steak sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
4. Preheat and oil the grill.
5. Put steak on grill and do not move for 4 minutes.
6. Use tongs to flip steak over and continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
7. Check for doneness after 8 minutes total cooking time.
8. If not done, flip again and continue cooking.
9. Rare-8-10 mins, Medium-Rare-10-12 mins and so forth.
10. Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 mins before serving.
Chili Rubbed Skirt Steak Tacos
1 Tbls Chili Powder
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp Salt
3 Tbls Olive Oil
1 ¼ pounds Skirt Steak
12 each Corn Tortillas
2 cups Red Cabbage, Shredded
½ cup Cilantro Leaves
1 each Lime
1. In a small bowl stir together chili powder, garlic, cinnamon, salt and olive oil.
2. Rub spice mixture on both sides of skirt steaks.
3. Turn grill on to med high heat.
4. Cook steak for about 2 mins on each side, flipping only 1 time.
5. Take steaks off BBQ and let rest on cutting board for a few mins. While steaks are resting, warm tortillas on BBQ.
6. Slice skirt steak across the grain of the meat and place in bowl with juices off cutting board.
7. To assemble, place skirt steak, cabbage and cilantro inside tortilla. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
Northwest Grass Fed Beef
Seattle, Washington 98134